market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Small tractor suggestion?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Thamnophis <thamnophis AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Small tractor suggestion?
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 19:20:02 -0600

Thanks a lot folks -

Where we are today I agree that the 2-wheel tractors would be great,
but new they are almost as expensive as a 50's Ford, for example, and
hard to find used.And we are considering renting a neighboring 2-3
acres, so having a tractor that could expand with us would be nice.

I imagine it would also be nice to have the 4 wheel tractor for other
farm duties - plowing snow, etc.

Are the older tractors in need of constant repairs in your experience?
Someone told me they tend to run forever.

Joe