market-farming - [Market-farming] Small tractor suggestion?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Thamnophis <thamnophis AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Small tractor suggestion?
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 18:42:25 -0600

Any tips or suggestions for small tractors? I don't have a farm
background so am confused about what to look for in a used tractor.

We're gardening on less than an acre and would also like to use it in
the hoop house(s).

I've seen the old Ford 8N and similar on Craigs List and also looked
at old John Deere's etc. Prices usually in the vicinity of $3 - 6K

Any guidelines that would help me understand my options?

Thanks!

Joe Monahan
Heavy Horses Farm
Boone, IA