market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Any demand at market for fresh soybeans?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Thamnophis <thamnophis AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Any demand at market for fresh soybeans?
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 18:28:14 -0600

I grew about 4 varieties this year for next years seed, not for
resale. I tied them in bunches upside down in the barn to dry. I
checked them today. Seems the mice and birds really like them :-)

I think they have potential because they are a healthy snack. They are
served as a free appetizer in many of the nicer Japanese restaurants
I've eaten at so they may be catching on.

They're prepared by boiling in salt water then served at room temps or
slightly chilled - with beer of course.

Of course they can also be used to make tofu - another potential market.