market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Umbrella insurance policy

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Umbrella insurance policy
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 14:23:13 EST

A farm umbrella on your farm liability does not cover anything that leave's the farm.  We were required to get a personal liability package when we started to sell to wholesale outlets and along with that came farm inspections and whole new ball game.  We sell  micro greens, salad mixes, and meat.  2M is costing around 800 a year.  An umbrella only covers what is going on the farm and around the farm, so be sure of the wording in the policy, our's state's anything taken off the farm is not covered.

Phil from Iowa