market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Work Boot Suggestions?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Barking Cat Farm <barkingcatfarm AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Work Boot Suggestions?
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 09:35:18 -0600

We, too, have been very happy with our Muck boots. We have both the high top
Chore Work Boots for cold weather and/or heavy mud and the low top Muckster
for hotter weather.

After having used cheap galoshes for a few seasons, last year we found
ourselves needing waterproof footwear most everyday of one of our wettest
seasons on record. We spent hours trekking through the forest clearing cedar
and repairing fence, and those cheap boots were killing our feet and did not
breathe well at all, so we went looking for higher quality mud boots that
would provide more support. The galoshes we had were very cold during the
winter, too.

We've found the Chore Boots provide good traction, while the Muckster sole
can get more slippery. The Chore Boots are way too hot for summer in Texas,
while very comfortably warm in winter. The Chore Boots provide much better
footing in deep mud than the Mucksters, which our mud can much more easily
pull off of our feet. We've spent more time than I like to admit picking
produce while standing in very muddy aisles and so far have not sat down in
the mud because our feet got stuck.

As far as fit, I am very happy with the fit on both pairs. I happen to have
short, wide, flatter feet with bunions and tend to be harder to fit. My feet
sweat a lot, but both pairs I've found vent fairly well. As others have
already pointed out, though, everybody's feet are different, so try before
you buy.

Just my $.15,
Laurie
Barking Cat Farm