market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Heating Greenhouse with wood stoves

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "MAsteveINE" <MAsteveINE AT 207me.com>
  • To: <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Heating Greenhouse with wood stoves
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 19:51:10 -0400

Been there, done that, looking back I have to say that it is much

better to have a dependable system in place that will handle the

job and let me know in the middle of the night  if it cant.

Then I would add in something like a double barrel heater

and fire it like I meant it, but have the security of knowing I

dont HAVE to get there or lose everything for the season.

For much more than 2 houses I would be having an outdoor

water stove and everything on baseboard radiation.

MAsteveINE

Can I get your opinions on heating the greenhouse with a Woodstove?

Thank you,

Sue

Vermont