market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] seeding onions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "MAsteveINE" <MAsteveINE AT 207me.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] seeding onions
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:57:36 -0400

I broadcast seed and transplant to 84 cell pro trays.

If I were doing a lot I would use a plate seeder and

400+ plug trays, those I would then transplant to

plug or pro trays at less than 100 cell trays.

I am of the opinion that onions, like ttomatoes,

like to be transplanted.

Has anyone come up with an efficient way to prune

the tops,

MAsteveINE