market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Heating Greenhouse

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Heating Greenhouse
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 06:35:49 -0700

I have been partitioning my 28x96 ft house for many years and its a great idea. I only need half the house between Feb- April. I use scrap poly cut in 6ft wide x15 ft long sections that I tuck under a hoop between the hoop and double layer roof. Strips of overlaping poly for the wall are easier to install and allow easy venting on hot days. I hold the sheets in place with a few staples. Unless you are going to use a very small area, an electric heater will not do much good.  I would re-think the heater... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.