market-farming - [Market-farming] Heating Greenhouse

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: grizzdover AT gmail.com
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Heating Greenhouse
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 18:18:15 -0500

Hello All,

I have a 48x28 double poly quonset hut style greenhouse.  I would like to start growing transplants for the farm in there (it's now done off site) but do not want to deal with having a propane tank brought in to heat the entire house when I don't need the whole place heated.  I'm thinking now of partitioning off a 15x15 or so area with 6-mil poly and heating with electric.  I want it to be easy to dismantle so I can plant directly in the entire house later in the season.  Has anyone tried this and what was your experience?

Thanks in advance,

Ben
Turtle Farm
Granger, Iowa