market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] pineapple tomatillos, cape gooseberries, ground cherries

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rob Wallbridge" <rob AT songberry.ca>
  • To: <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] pineapple tomatillos, cape gooseberries, ground cherries
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:44:50 -0400

Hi Sue,

I’m charging $4/pint for mine, unhusked. A lot of people recognize and appreciate them, but I still give out a fair number of samples. I’ve heard of restaurants using them to garnish desserts (presented with the husk peeled back and turned inside out, but still attached to the fruit), but we snack on them and make a jam that goes great with roast beef.

Cheers,

Rob

(where we didn’t get a frost last night but came dangerously close!)

Rob Wallbridge

Songberry Organic Farm

24 Sixth Line, Bristol, QC J0X 1G0

email: rob AT songberry.ca

web: www.songberry.ca

facebook: become a fan of "Songberry Organic Farm"