market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] onions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rob Wallbridge" <rob AT songberry.ca>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] onions
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 10:50:39 -0400

Thanks for all the advice. I put my onions in pint boxes, which weighed a between three-quarters and a pound, and sold the regular red and yellow onions (fairly small bulbs this year) for $2.50 and the cipollini for $3.50. I don’t have lots of either, and we eat a lot over the winter, so I’m not desperate to be rid of them. The cips sold quite well, the others not so much, but other growers were selling them cheaper, and we were the only one with the cips, as far as I could see.

Our market is a producer-only community market in Ottawa, so prices are fairly strong.

Rob Wallbridge

Songberry Organic Farm

24 Sixth Line, Bristol, QC J0X 1G0

email: rob AT songberry.ca

web: www.songberry.ca

facebook: become a fan of "Songberry Organic Farm"