market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] onions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: idyllwild farm <idyllwildfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: rob AT songberry.ca, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] onions
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 06:54:52 -0400

Depends on how many you have and what type of storage (in addition to how much it cost to grow and in our
case how bad the botrytous was from the early rains...).
We were selling yellows for $3 then $2.50 a pound because I don't care how fast or slow they go.
Cipps were $4 per pound (same reasoning) and they flew off the stand (grill, baby, grill and one
of the cable cooking shows was on onions which raised the curiosity factor). Shallots for $5
That's in Cincinnati, Ohio, not exactly home of the big spender.
Regards,
Mike