market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Inventory Systems for Produce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rob Wallbridge" <rob AT songberry.ca>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Inventory Systems for Produce
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 22:49:30 -0400

An even later response, but after visiting an ultra-organized farm today, the topic was on my mind. I was wondering if you could use colour-coded labels on the ends of the bins instead of/in addition to the lid labels. Something like a different colour of duct tape or marker for each harvest day of the week (i.e. always use blue for Mondays, red for Wednesdays, etc.). That way, when you walked into your cooler, you’d be able to see at a glance which day something was harvested, rather than having to go through and read labels for dates – if a bin of old product was at the bottom of a pile, it would be clear right away.

Just a thought,

Rob

Rob Wallbridge

Songberry Organic Farm

email: rob AT songberry.ca

web: www.songberry.ca

facebook: become a fan of "Songberry Organic Farm"