market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Anyone tried this?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: KAKerby AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Anyone tried this?
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 12:33:59 -0400 (EDT)

What's the season for deer?  Sounds like perhaps you should be offering your CSA some fresh venison, if that's a legal option.....
Kathryn Kerby
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA

In a message dated 8/13/2010 9:09:51 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, allan.balliett AT gmail.com writes:
>Allan
>
>Does West Virginia compensate farmers who've lost crops to deer?
>
>Bill
>William H. Shoemaker

Bill  - I know it sounds strange, but I don't really farm for money,
(I farm for food for our CSA shareholders) so I haven't looked into
that, nor have I heard of it. WV is very liberal on allowing farmers
to kill deer on their property, though, but that is pretty much
limited to the use of projectiles of some sort. I, frankly, do not
have the time to sit in a deer blind every evening. I wish I did, of
course, but I just don't have the time. -Allan in WV