market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Hail damaged drip tape? and perfection

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Hail damaged drip tape? and perfection
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 09:11:17 -0400

On Jun 16, 2010, at 8:48 AM, William H Shoemaker wrote:

We’ve been wet for weeks. I’ve only had 1 day of field work in almost three weeks. Diseases are starting to show up. I’ve had growers with tomatoes in tunnels report that they are seeing Leaf Mold show up in their tomatoes. That is one nasty problem. After almost thirty years of doing this, I’d prefer hot and dry to wet and cool any time.

There's an old saying in this area: "A dry year will scare you. But a wet year will starve you."