market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] perfection

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "BarbaraJ" <jbmckillip AT mesanetworks.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] perfection
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 07:09:21 -0600

It is an odd way to make a living isn't it?  I keep trying to encourage more people to grow something, even a salad in a pot and tomato plant on a deck.  I'm off to my "real" job today, and I'd much rather be pulling weeds today than working in the GI lab let me tell you!  At least farming helps keep us in good health by exercise and good food, there are a whole lot of really sick folks out there and they aren't old by any means.  The weather has been a real challenge this spring, but I'm eating awesome salad and some cherry tomatoes and started getting to the farmers market to sell, so I'm happy.

Barb
Front Range, Colorado