market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Twine & Foliar Feeding

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "waldenfarm" <waldenfarm AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Twine & Foliar Feeding
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 07:34:01 -0400

Andrea,

I use baling twine to weave. It stretches a little but holds up the tomatoes and can compost it at the end of the season. Some twines are oiled with petroleum. You may have to look around to find unoiled.

For foliar feeding, I use Maxicrop kelp powder. I use it to supplement minerals. I suggest you find a foliar feed specific to your needs and then look it up on the OMRI list:

Alex McGregor
Walden Farm
SE TN