market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Driptape repairs and also Asparagus beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk AT allspecies.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Driptape repairs and also Asparagus beetles
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 08:10:39 -0500

Those scissors are so cool, much better than the blade for cutting drip tape.

Marty KCMO
On Apr 17, 2010, at 9:06 PM, Barking Cat Farm wrote:

Ditto what Marty said. I bought a roll, and today patched 600' of drip tape in less than a half hour with nothing but the tape and my Swiss Army knife scissors. Some of the leaks were quite big and I didn't think the tape would hold it, but it worked great on all but a couple of really big gashes. Being a duct tape aficionado, and knowing it does not stick to itself or anything else when it gets wet, it just never occurred to me to try electrical tape.

Pam, Alison, Rivka, Rob, and everybody else responsible for posting this to the list, thank you! This is the best gem I've learned in quite a long time.

Laurie