market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Driptape repairs and also Asparagus beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Barking Cat Farm <barkingcatfarm AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Driptape repairs and also Asparagus beetles
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 21:06:09 -0500

Ditto what Marty said. I bought a roll, and today patched 600' of drip tape
in less than a half hour with nothing but the tape and my Swiss Army knife
scissors. Some of the leaks were quite big and I didn't think the tape would
hold it, but it worked great on all but a couple of really big gashes. Being
a duct tape aficionado, and knowing it does not stick to itself or anything
else when it gets wet, it just never occurred to me to try electrical tape.

Pam, Alison, Rivka, Rob, and everybody else responsible for posting this to
the list, thank you! This is the best gem I've learned in quite a long time.

Laurie