market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Spinach and Soils

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pam Twin Oaks <pam AT twinoaks.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Spinach and Soils
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 10:57:20 -0400

Spinach is prone to abrasion damage from rowcover, I believe (never actually tested it out), so we use hoops when we use rowcover.

Soils: Elements of the Nature and Properties of Soils  by Nyle C. Brady and Ray R. Weil . I went to a workshop with Ray Weil at Southern Sustainable Ag Working Group Conference last year, and was very impressed with his approach. I'd love to be able to afford the book, but that's what libraries are for, right? He is practical, realistic, balanced, and takes a Big Picture look at the impacts of our choices.

Pam, Twin Oaks, Louisa, VA

  • Re: [Market-farming] Spinach and Soils, Pam Twin Oaks, 04/18/2010