market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Albrecht mineral balance and other soils stuff

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Allan.Balliett " <allan.balliett AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Albrecht mineral balance and other soils stuff
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 14:10:26 -0400

Kathryn

If you need to know more, buy the ideal soil book for more info

Sorry, my thumb is tired

Allan Balliett
Shepherdstown, WV USA

Thumb-typed for your amusement

On Apr 17, 2010, at 1:18 PM, KAKerby AT aol.com wrote:

Hi Allan.  Sorry to hear about your spinach, but something else you said caught my eye.  I've been trying to read a lot about healthy soils, amendments, nutrient balancing, etc etc, and Albrecht's name sure shows up a lot.  But I haven't yet seen something that would give me a really good, "understand the theory then put it to work" explanation of his theories and practices.  Just tantalizing tidbits here and there.  There's also what seems to be a fairly comprehensive soils course, offered as a correspondence course, advertised in Acres USA.  I've been mulling that too.  I guess to you, or anyone, where would you point a wanna-be soils student, particularly interested in holistic, sustainable, long-term practices?  Something I can read and absorb a little at a time as I go about the year working on other things.  I get these individual pieces of soil science info, like finding an individual piece of a puzzle on the floor long after the puzzle was put away, and I wonder "Ok, what do I do with this?"  Time to get more serious about at least ID'ing good sources of info.  Any suggestions, anyone?
Kathryn Kerby
Snohomish, WA