market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pumpkins, Weeds and Shade

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pumpkins, Weeds and Shade
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:29:18 -0500

Greetings,

On either www.journeytoforever.org or soilandhealth.org, in the libraries is an old book about the value of weeds. It starts with the farmer noticing that the corn field that has purslane has better production, than the one that they killed the purslane in. I can't remember all of the book, I read it about 10 years ago now. But it is from before WWII, I do believe. It was an idea that was ahead of it's time.

Bright Blessings,
Kim