market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] article by Allan Balliett

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Bill Scheffler <pureprairie AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] article by Allan Balliett
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:46:10 -0600

Does the sugar content of our veggies vary from morning to afternoon,
like our hay crops?  The sugar in hay is higher in the afternoons, so we
try to cut at least later in the morning to capture that higher sugar.
Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm new to the list.

The more mineralized a plant is, the less the variation, with calcium
being the lead.

Bill Scheffler
Chicago area
pureprairiefarm.com