market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] article by Allan Balliett

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Shawnee Flowerfarmer <farmingflowers AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] article by Allan Balliett
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 19:28:43 -0600

A restaurant owner in Chicago introduced me to this concept by requesting Brix measurements on the day of harvest on all produce sent to him. (Yikes!) I didn't want to admit that I was befuddled, so I researched, got up to speed fast.  This is an excellent article-at the link below and everyone should read it.  I noticed that Brix measurements are also handy for Integrated Pest management programs because the Bad Boys can also tell when those sugars/nutrients are piling up and you have another observational tool to ponder.  (Spanglish speak-Brickso as in quantos Brickso hoy?)
Shawnee, zone 5 and still really needing to take that Spanish class again.