market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Seeding peas in trays

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Seeding peas in trays
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:54:30 EST

We  use the 5"k gutter plastic and yes I use end caps and drill holes in the bottom of the gutters with a mix of compost, and 360-702 mix metro mix.  Usually transplant in same mix all season and add 20-20-20 in a water mix  everytime we water. We uses this mostly for lettuce transplants.  Pea transplants go in containers with trellises and some of these are in our hot beds for early production.  I don't sell a lot of the things we grow but we sure do eat good.

Phil from Iowa