market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Seeding peas in trays

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: saladg AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Seeding peas in trays
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 19:00:50 EST

We have been transplanting sweet corn for afew years, especially some of our early corn, can start it in the greenhouse a couple weeks ahead of planting in the ground.  Sometimes it really woks good then you can have a year like last year and get late freezes in May then the corn tasseled about 3' tall, but did set ears but rather short.  It really tasted good though, but didn't find much to sell out of that planting.  We do early snow peas trellised in our hoophouses and use transplants into containers and has worked for a lot of years.

Phil from Snowy Iowa