market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Deer Fencing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Deer Fencing
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 07:21:35 -0600

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts on deer control!

Marcy, yes, we still have two Great Pyrenees and they’re getting old. (you have a really good memory!) They still work all night, but there is only so much they can do with all the coyotes, deer, cougars, bobcats and now, wild hogs, not to mention coons, possums, foxes, turkeys, eagles and hawks. We have introduced three younger GP’s in the last 10 months and they were all disasters. All three went on killing rampages and we lost lots of chickens and lambs. If it weren’t for Louie and Charlotte, we probably couldn’t grow anything at all. I guess I didn’t realize there were so many rogue Pyrenees!  I wish we hadn’t gotten ours fixed.

Marie in Missouri