market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] using blinds as markers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: BillOhio <billohio AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] using blinds as markers
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 07:48:46 -0500

Alison,
I love your lightbulbs :). That's a great idea!
Bill

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Wiediger, Alison <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us> wrote:
Pencil works really well for us in the greenhouse, but with middle-aged eyes, we find that using a paint marker rather than a Sharpie or a pencil is great outside. The Sharpie fades and the pencil is too light to see without kneeling or stooping.   The paint pen  is REALLY permanent (we get them at the farm store - used for ear tags on livestock), but then label can then be used multiple years as long as you continue to grow the same crops.  I just had a light bulb turn on:  Permanently mark crop and variety, and use pencil for other info that doesn't need to be looked at daily, such as transplant date, etc, and that info can be erased for the marker to be re-used the next season (or next planting).

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm