market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] reply to recommendations on accounting...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer AT outlands.ca>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] reply to recommendations on accounting...
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 06:26:53 -0500

John Ferree wrote:
> Does anyone know of a linux accouting program (that works well)? I have
> searched and found nothing geared to a small business where $ are concerned.

Ledger SMB (http://www.ledgersmb.org/), the successor to SQL-Ledger, is
what have been recommended to me. It is a Web application, which mean
you use it through your browser. I have never used it myself, so I
cannot really comment on the quality and feature set.

My POV is that, if you need to hire someone for bookkeeping or
accounting, you should get whatever he/she knows best. Accounting
people tend to be finicky about the tool they use, and when you pay $$$
for someone's time, you want his time to be productive. Just sayin'.