market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farm names

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wyatt Jones" <wyatt_jones AT netzero.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farm names
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 23:12:18 -0400

Take it slow.  A farm name is important and if nothing really speaks to
you...or you're forcing yourself to come up with something... you should
wait until something pops up out of the blue or comes meandering along that
makes you say "a-ha!"  If you're a song-writer and poet, I'd wager that
something is likely to emerge from those sources eventually

That's true sometimes, but sometimes I've noticed I came up with something that grew on me too.  I had a hard time naming my parrot, poor guy had to wait 6 months.  Of course he didn't care but the vet kept asking me so he could put it on his records, One day he was knawing on my thumb and I thought of the name Knawl, which I thought was that name from the Mabinogan of Pwyll's rival for Rhiannon but that name was Gwawl, Welsh names are different that is for sure.  I had heard Knawl somewhere though.  I think he was a Scandinavian troll or something.  If not I made the name up LOL  Wouldn't be the first time.  It kind grew on me after a while and most people like it though they wonder how I came up with such a strange name.  Now it reminds me of when he was young knawing on my thumb.  I raised him from a hatchling, he's 10 now.

Here is a poem if you are interested

The Woman

There is a woman that I know

Though I've not known her long

Yet somehow she inspires me

Like a beautiful song

She knows more than she knows

And sees more than she sees

I count myself so very lucky

Providence sent her to me

And when she sees I'm troubled

And knows that my heart bleeds

She just smiles, then takes my hand

And that's enough for me

Wyatt

Free information - Learn about Beauty School. Click now!