market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farm names

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wyatt Jones" <wyatt_jones AT netzero.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farm names
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 12:39:18 -0400

Well the people that owned the farm from when the area was settled until the late 60's were named Rogers and the road is named after then so I thought of the PBS children's show Mr Rogers and thought about Mr Rogers Farm but I though people would think my name was Rogers and wasn't sure people would make a connection, I guess I was adding a humor aspect to the title.  I also later thought maybe that line I used " A Farm with no name " might fit and somehow connected that with the old America song but that just made my brain start buzzing this in my head

Well I was out in the field on a farm with no name
I was pickin corn in the rain
Well I just
didn't have a good name
And so I decided not to give it a name

Songs and poetry come easy to me but names never do

I'm thinking maybe "Fruits of Eden" since I seem to get in trouble with the other names or maybe "Wyatt's Way"  I hope those are safe LOL, if not I'm really in trouble!!

I've been asking everybody that will take an interest about this lately, customers, friends, this list other marketers etc.  I've found it helps to bounce ideas off them but I'm not getting any original ideas.  Still it helps to talk to them to see what they see as important about me and the farm and especially any negative ideas that the name might evoke.

Wyatt Jones

Save on a home Heating and Cooling System. Click Now!