market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Anyone want tomatoes?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: deberryemail-website AT yahoo.com
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Anyone want tomatoes?
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 09:01:09 -0700 (PDT)

When we have a flush, we take ours to a processor (along with peppers and onions) and have them make salsa with our farm's label on it.  Then we sell the salsa year round.  It's an up front cost for you (processing) but you can increase cash flow year round.  Not sure what's available in your area, but we travel 50 miles to the processor.  We put the salsa on our website and on www.LocalHarvest.org and ship some too.

Good luck!
C. DeBerry
www.DeBerryFarm.com