market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Anyone want tomatoes?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: jay sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Anyone want tomatoes?
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 10:01:52 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for all the ideas. Just when I start to wonder what I am going to do, I start asking around and things come up.  I am going to be taking a bunch of tomatoes to a grocery store in a neighboring town (where I grew up).  They will buy all the tomatoes I can bring.  That is what they said.  They will pay $1.00/ pound.  That is less than I am getting now, but more than I would get.  We are also going to can some and freeze some.  Thanks for all the ideas.

Jay