market-farming - [Market-farming] Deer Fencing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Farr - The Chile Man <rbfarr AT erols.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Deer Fencing
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 16:00:38 -0400 (EDT)

Howdy, y'all.

I'm looking for some affordable electric fencing to keep out our four-legged
friends.

I'd like to try 3 - 4' tall posts with hot wire (powered by a 12-volt
battery), hanging peanut-butter on aluminum strips every few feet. The
assumption is the deer will taste the PB and be zapped, therefore avoiding
the area.

Does anyone have experience with that approach, and do you have
recommendations as to what kind of fencing to buy?

I'm hoping to avoid the 8' tall plastic fence.

Thanks much -

Robert Farr
The Chile Man
http://www.thechileman.com