market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Deer Fencing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mark Abner" <wizard1 AT ctsbroadband.com>
  • To: <rbfarr AT erols.com>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Deer Fencing
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 16:12:54 -0400

Robert
I dont think your approach will work at least not for long especialy
if the
deer have already found your garden. one approach that works for me at least
part of the time is a 4 foot woven wire fence with an 8 foot peice of rebar
attached to every other post and bent outward so it looms over the outside
of the fence at about a 45 degree angle. with three strands of elecric
attached two hot and the center grounded.
This has the effect of the deer attempting to jump the woven wire
fence
slaming its face into the electric and getting knocked back down to the
ground. alteritively you can put a couple strands of electric 4 feet outside
the woven wire fence at about a 4 foot hight. deer can jump high or jump
wide but not both at the same time so a couble fence will stop them.

Mark