market-farming - [Market-farming] Managing lettuce (and veggie) glut

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Moyer <ramoyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Managing lettuce (and veggie) glut
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 10:13:18 -0400

All kinds of lettuce at market yesterday, in quality, quantity and price.  Sold what I took, but the last of it late.  We have a few hundred butterhead and looseleaf coming on, ready in 1-4 weeks.
For a new market grower, any strategies you all can share on selling during abundance?  What distinguishes your product?
What about producing early and/or late (hence avoiding the glut)?

Thanks,
Richard Moyer
Castlewood, VA
Wishing I had more young spinach now.