market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Easy-ups

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Owsley lucy <boulderbelt AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Easy-ups
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 05:02:20 -0400

I have an express EZUp (now the Express II). It has served me well for about 8 years of being used hard 2 to 3 times a week. it should last another 8 years easily

The cheap models you can buy at box stores do indeed work for a few people but I watched at farmers market last Saturday 1 break as it was being put up for the first time and than walking around saw that all the cheap EZUps (and the knockoffs) all were held together with duct tape, wire, cello tape, bailing twine, bungie cords, etc. I don't believe there was a single cheap EZUp there that was not repaired in some way.

these cheap models are badly designed. they carry the weight/stress of the canopy along the sides of the structure not to mention the legs are weak. The Express and more expensive models have a cathedral structure which is a lot stronger and the legs are also a lot more sturdy. A good EZUp should last 15 to 20 years of hard use (though you will have to replace the canopy a couple of times). I have noticed the caravan shelters can take a lot of use and not break

I have noticed that Wal-Mart et. al has a deal where you can get an EXUp with sides for about $200. Don't do this as these shelters are almost as weak as the $85 models and for about $75 more you can order a much better quality shelter (with no sides) on line.