market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Easy-ups

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Easy-ups
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 12:55:24 -0700 (PDT)

> I purchased a cheaper 10 by 10 pop-up shelter several years ago.? It has
> served me very well.? I don't set it up every week, just when I need to
> probably once every other week. It is easy to set up and waterproof.? The
> problems I have is that the legs are weak and it doesn't take wind real
> well and screws keep working lose. I have seen many EZ-Up shelters and
> they seem to be the "Top of the Line".?? I am wanting to upgrade to one
> this year.? My question is what model?? There are Eclipse, Express,
> Sierra, Enterprise and etc.? What model is the best for it's money.? I
> don't want to spend lots of money, but I want a quality shelter.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jay
>
>A large majority of our market folk ended up with the First Up pop up
shelters from (I hate to say it) Walmart. I got one on sale at the end
of the season for about $85, I've had it for 3 full seasons and they hold
up well. I set up every Sat. from 7am-2pm through the season. We get
winds every week up to 5-20 mph regularly. I bungie one end to the truck
and keep 20 lbs weight on each front leg. The nicest feature on these is
a vent at the peak which helps prevent the parasail effect.