market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Easy-ups

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "maury sheets" <maurysheets AT verizon.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Easy-ups
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 16:37:52 -0400

I agree with Sora, the First-Up for the price is the best and just as good
as an Ez-Up.
A vendor next to me has to keep a pole on hand to knock off water that
collects on his Ez-up, our First-Up very seldom collects water because
instead of a center pole holding the top up, it goes from all four corners
to the center ( more support that way and less sagging.) I used my two from
May to October 5 days a week and only broke one arm when we forgot to weight
down the center legs (two canopies together) and a storm came up. A bolt
will come out now and again, but that is easily tightened or replaced if
lost. The legs are fine as long as they don't get bent accidentally (if they
get bent, they must be replaced). The carry bags are junk on every model I
have ever seen. My two cents.

Maury Sheets
Woodland Produce

Sora wrote:

>A large majority of our market folk ended up with the First Up pop up
shelters from (I hate to say it) Walmart. I got one on sale at the end
of the season for about $85, I've had it for 3 full seasons and they hold
up well. I set up every Sat. from 7am-2pm through the season. We get
winds every week up to 5-20 mph regularly. I bungie one end to the truck
and keep 20 lbs weight on each front leg. The nicest feature on these is
a vent at the peak which helps prevent the parasail effect.