market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] slitted row covers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "breck" <bcarden AT breckinridgegroup.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] slitted row covers
  • Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 14:05:58 -0400

Has anyone used slitted row covers? I am considering their use as mini-high
tunnels. I am wondering if they maintain similar nighttime and daytime temps
as plastic film. I would think it would still be necessary to vent on warm
sunny days. I like the idea of maybe having some relief from temps if I
forget to vent. Are you aware of any research and etc. available? Any
enlightenment or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Farmer Breck
Breck Carden
Carden's Garden