market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] planting out tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "breck" <bcarden AT breckinridgegroup.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] planting out tomatoes
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 10:16:28 -0400

Alison, you may convert me to "roll" mulch yet.
How much drier was it under the bio-telo?
Are the beds raised?

The one thing that I have done that allows me to enter the field without
loosing shoes is to set my tractor wheels to there max. width and straddle
my beds. This allows me to plant Dutch clover where the walkways are and
have permanent beds without compaction. This is my first year to really get
this going, so time will tell as to the efficacy.

Thanks,
Farmer Breck
Breck Carden
Carden's Garden