market-farming - [Market-farming] Question on Leasing Land, what price?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Flying S Farms <farmerwantabe AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Question on Leasing Land, what price?
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 16:04:27 -0500

It has been a long time since we posted but keep up with everyones helpful advice and successes. Figure many of you on the board can help us with this situation.

We are in Middle Tennessee, starting our 6th year of market farming. Currently farm 2 acres and have the opportunity to lease 5 acres about 30 minutes outside of town. We have never leased before and want to pay the man a fair price for the land; what is the going rate for leasing land? It has water access and under lock and key.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Catherine
Flying S Farms
Woodbury Tennessee
www.bakingfarmer.com

Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Get quick friend updates right in your inbox. Check it out.