market-farming - [Market-farming] seeders

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Megan Haney <marblevalleyfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] seeders
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 17:31:36 -0400

Hi all,
This is my first time submitting; hope it goes through.
I have had no trouble using Earthway on small-mustard-family seeds SINCE:
I went back to the instructions it came with, after a very unsatisfactory first pass (seeds getting caught and crunched behind the plate just as Chris from Wisconsin says)
and found the advice to first put the plate in highly soapy water for a while, then to let it airdry.
I found that worked perfectly and repeat that once a year.
The residue of the soap is apparently just enough to prevent the problem with the small-seeded stuff.
Hope this works for others.
Thanks,
Megan Haney
Marble Valley Farm