market-farming - [Market-farming] undercover crop

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "breck" <bcarden AT breckinridgegroup.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] undercover crop
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 14:37:16 -0400

I’ve been thinking about buying a small turf overseeder to plant Dutch clover along each side of my single row crops. I like the idea of it drilling the seed as opposed to broadcasting. I am thinking that perhaps a week or so after planting would be a good time to overseed. The soil should be firm enough for the seeder not to sink in and hopefully I would do some damage to young weeds. Does anyone have any experience or comments that would address this idea?

Thanks,

Farmer Breck

Breck Carden

Carden’s Garden