market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Seed Storage

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz" <liz AT horseshoegardens.com>
  • To: <cs13 AT cornell.edu>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Seed Storage
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 21:55:15 -0400

I use blue painter's tape...resealable a few times before it gets too dirty to be tacky.  Usually by then I've planted the pack.  The tape doesn't destroy vital information on the pack.  I also file the packs sideways so when replacing packs, the edges and corners don't get "caught" on the tape sealing the package of the seed in front.

We've got an embankment I toss "mystery" seed onto...have had some interesting flower/brassica/lettuce combinations ; ))

Liz Pike
Horseshoe Gardens
Hillsville VA
zone 6b/7a