market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Starting lemon grass from seed...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: growbd AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Starting lemon grass from seed...
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 14:19:08 -0400

My experience is with starts from Gilberti's herbs in CT.  They take off quickly and really fill in.  I had enough from 20 starts to be able to harvest individual shoots for sale each week...though not many people were buying it, honestly.  In the winter I kept them growing in the warmest part of an unheated high tunnel, cut back to soil level and mulched heavily.  Had some loss over the winter but lots survived.

Deb