market-farming - [Market-farming] Starting lemon grass from seed...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "courtney mcleod" <sunmoonriver AT windstream.net>
  • To: "Market farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Starting lemon grass from seed...
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 18:05:49 -0400

Hope everyone is doing well this time of year and I know we are ready to start hearing the spring peepers here in Ohio!  I am wondering if anyone here has started lemon grass from seed?  I am trying it again this year, no success last year and hope that I will get something from them?  I am out of room now on the heat table but have them sitting on top of 2 shop lights on my grow rack.  Lights are hanging from conduit above and seem to have the right heat for now.  Any suggestions on what I am doing and not doing?  I would really love to have extra plants this for a change, would sell great at my markets.  I am over wintering one to plant out in the greenhouse when the nights stay above 50…which probably means July!!!  LOL!

Thanks,

Courtney

Herb Thyme

Middlefield, Oh