market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Starting lemon grass from seed...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Chrys Ostrander <chrys AT thefutureisorganic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Starting lemon grass from seed...
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 17:26:05 -0700

Hi Courtney,

I have grown lemon grass from seed and did nothing special. I keep the temp in my greenhouse from freezing (maybe cooler than what you're doing). I have the seed in mostly peat moss (I use the hypnum kind, Peaco brand out of Montana - prefer over any sphagnum type), and I keep it moist.

Make sure you have viable seed. You might try buying from two or three sources. I have had lemon grass seed become unviable from age.

Chrys