market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] planter for sweet corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <clearviewfarm AT bluefrog.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] planter for sweet corn
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 07:10:48 -0800

That said, is anyone transplanting sweet corn into raised beds or any other
crop, for that matter? Since a water wheel transplanter doesn't always make
a deep enough hole (due to stones or other hard spots in the ground), I am
thinking that forming a raised bed of relatively loose dirt might help
matters. True or not?

Andy, I use a 4 row JD 7000 with fairly good results planting sweet corn, but
have no experience with a 71 row unit.

Kurt Forman Clearview Farm Palmyra, NY 14522