market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] planter for sweet corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] planter for sweet corn
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 07:20:43 -0800

I use the JD71 unit planter, they use seed plates and are fairly accurate but
don't come close to the accuracy of the 7000 series. The nice thing about the
71 is that they are small and I can add rows as needed to a standard toolbar
and easily change spacing. They need little service and work best with double
disc openers. After planting season the whole planter comes apart for easy
storage. I don't use fertilizer hoppers. When you get up to 20 acres or more
then the accuracy of a precision planter pays for itself very fast... Bob
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.